Click to download hostel identity card.
Click to download hostel form.
Fall seven times and stand up eight.
- Thought of the week
Guru Nanak Dev University Ranked Among Top 8.7% Of World Universities In CWUR Assessment(2019)View news
GNDU RC Jalandhar
- To provide professional competence to students with strong foundation in the core areas.
- To continuously enrich the teaching learning process through linkages with industry, projects, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences.
- To provide holistic education to the students through inter-disciplinary courses and Life skill development programs i.e. co-scholastic & co-curricular activities.
- GNDU has a global recognition with alumni associated with top notch companies around the world.
- With a strong legacy of over 50 years, GNDU has been established under the Punjab State Legislative Act No.21 of 1969.
- Research funding from DST, UGC and other funding agencies worth crores of rupees.
- World class Research-Oriented Infrastructure comprising of sophisticated instruments and softwares.
- Access to latest research softwares such as Virtual Nano Lab, Optisystem, NetSim, MATLAB etc.
- 9 Times National Cultural Champion, 13 times North Zone Inter-University Cultural Championship and 22 times winner of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Trophy.
- Highly transparent evaluation system based on CGPA system.
- Excellent placement record for both ECE & CSE streams.
Prestigious Recognitions Bestowed on GNDU
- First University bestowed with category-I status (in punjab) by UGC
- National Institutional Ranking Framework, MHRD, Govt. of India has ranked GNDU 3rd amongst universities in Punjab and 55th amongst universities of India* in 2019. (*source: NIRF, MHRD, Government of India, 2019)
- Awarded by UGC with the 'University with Potential for Excellence' status and as one of the best 6 universities in India and only one in Punjab to acquire this status.
- Accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC
- Awarded by UGC with the 'University with Potential for Excellence' status
Various Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) Signed by GNDU
- MoU between Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and University of Wolverhampton, UK (Click for more Details)
- MoU Signed between Guru Nanak Dev University and The University of South Florida, USA (on 26 February 2019)
- MoU Signed between GNDU and Cornell University, USA (on 11 April 2019)
- MoU Signed between GNDU and Majha House, Amritsar (on 30th October 2018)
- MoU Signed between GNDU and INTERNSHALA, Gurugram (on 17 October 2018)
- MoU between GNDU and Punjab Remote Sensing Centre, Ludhiana (on 03rd May 2018)
- MoU between GNDU and Punjab Police (on 30th April 2018)
- MoU between GNDU and Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay Signed on 29/03/2016
Associate Dean’s Message
Congratulations, to all young aspirants for being part of GNDU Regional Campus Jalandhar.
I feel deeply honoured to share that Guru Nanak Dev University has always been an excellent centre of learning for students for the last 50 years. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has awarded it the highest status of 'University with Potential for Excellence' as an acknowledgement to the university's contribution in teaching and cutting edge research of significance. The University is also accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC. With the rapid advancement in the Information & Communication technology and emerging trends based on smart infrastructures has brought new challenges. . . . . . . . .
GNDU REGIONAL CAMPUS JALANDHAR ORGANISES SALAHIYAT-E-SHAAM
Salahiyat-e-Shaam, a cultural event held on 5 November, 2019 by the Department of Engineering and Technology under the able guidance of Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra, Associate Dean Academic Affairs and Student Welfare. Dr. Namrata Joshi, Associate Professor and Head of Journalism and Mass Communication department was the guest of honour. Dr. Sheetal Kalra, Dr. Harmandar Kaur and Dr. Butta Singh graced the event where a number of performances such as bands Contabo and Triple Souls, dance performances Blackfire, Bhangra and many more took place. Audience enjoyed the outstanding performances by the students. It was an enjoyable event which concluded successfully with the prize distribution for technical events Acuity and Technobuzz.
Fresher Party -Girls Hostel
Fresher party organized at Girls Hostel, GNDU, RC Jalandhar where the students and organisers managed the function with enthusiasm and zeal. Savinder kaur (Law Department) was chosen Miss Fresher, Gursharan Kaur, (Law Department) and Muskan (Department of Engineering & Technology) were chosen Miss Personality and Miss Attire respectively. The honourable judges Dr. Namrata Joshi and Dr. Vanita Khanna awarded the winners and congratulated team GNDU RC Girls Hostel for their efforts.
Mock Placement Drive
The Department of Engineering and Technology of Guru Nanak Dev University Ladhewali, Jalandhar organised a Mock Placement Drive (Acuity 3.0) on 23-09-19 and 24-09-19. A total of over 150 students of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering had participated in Aptitude test, Technical test, Group Discussion rounds and Interviews under the supervision of experts in these area. The event was organised under the able guidance of Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra, Dr. Neetika Soni, Dr. Sheetal Kalra and Dr. Harmandar Kaur. This annual event is organised to inculclate the spirit of competitiveness and preparedness for facing the actual placement drives.
It is truly an honor for us as students of B.Tech CSE have been placed in multinational companies. It is worth mentioning that GNDU has been accredited with "Potential for Excellence" status by UGC. Moreover, GNDU has been awarded with "A++" grade by NAAC. Associate Dean Dr. Jyotish Malhotra, placement incharge Neena Madaan & training incharge Pankajdeep Kaur congratulated students on their success. 16 students of the institute- Priyanka Mishra, Ridham Sharma, Mokshda Sharma, Mahima Sharma, Shreya Davar, Rushali, Tushant Sharma, Nikhil Sharma, Kartik Sharma, Mudit Parmar, Ankit Sharma, Karan Vadhwa, Ridhima Chawla, Aayush Sethi & Gursimrat Singh Randhawa are being placed.
7 Day NSS Camp Organized
NSS department of the campus organized a 7-day Local Camp held in the campus premises from 19-25 July, 2019. The camp witnessed a series of events such as Swachhta Abhiyaan at various places inside and outside the campus, such as Suchhi Pind Railway Station and Communal ground in Rail Vihar. The students also volunteered for World Cancer Care Center at Village Dhadda. Volunteers carried out a Plantation Drive by planting about 50 saplings in college premises. The last day of the camp was dedicated to visiting the Jang-e-Azadi Memorial on Kartarpur Road, Jalandhar. The camp was certainly a huge success, inculcating in students the value of love towards our country . These efforts made by volunteers are just a small step towards the bright future of our nation!
Annual Hostel Night 2019
Annual Hostel Night 2019, was organised under the able guidance of Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra on 16 April 2019 which had a blend of events such as cultural dances, poetry, western dances, singing, modelling, fashion show and many more. Dr. Deepkamal Randhawa, Dr. Namrata Joshi, Dr Nirmala Devi, were the revered judges present. Ms. Davinder Kaur (Ph.D) was given the title of Miss Farewell while Ms.Daljit Kaur, Ms. Harwinder Kaur and Ms. Shruti were chosen Miss Well Dressed, Miss Personality and Miss Stylish. Assistant warden Ms. Monika Dogra and hostel staff bid good bye to outgoing students. Dr. Vanita Khanna, Hostel Warden, gave collective title of 'Darling Daughters' to all girls and encouraged them
Techfest INSIGNIA 2k19
Guru Nanak Dev University R.C.Jalandhar conducted it's annual Techfest INSIGNIA 2019, organized by the department of Engineering and Technology on 11-12 April 2019. A no. of technical, arts, literary, cultural events were conducted to explore the student's social and creative potential. Dr. Narmata Joshi, assistant professor and head of department, Journalism and mass communication along with Dr. Rupam Jagota Sr. assistant professor, Department of laws were the special guests present. The inauguration ceremony of Insignia 2k19 commenced with the lightening of the lamp by the chief guest and honourable faculty members. Annual Techfest of GNDU R.C. Jalandhar promotes the growth of ideas, learning and innovation. Insignia 2k19 brought over 30 tech and cultural events conducted by over 10 clubs on the grounds of GNDU R.C. Jalandhar
Guru Nanak Dev University Improves its NIRF Ranking to 55th
Guru Nanak Dev University has been ranked 55th in the NIRF-2019 ranking, under the category of Universities, as released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development yesterday. This ranks the University among the top 5% Institutes of the country. In the Punjab region, the only other University which ranked higher at 51st position is Punjab Agricultural University which is purely an Agricultural University. Punjabi University, Patiala has been ranked in the band of 151-200.
BLOOD DONATION CAMP
A blood donation camp was organised by students of NSS Unit and Leo Club Jalandhar in Guru Nanak Dev University, Regional campus, Ladhewali, Jalandhar . Civil Hospital's blood bank team, led by Dr. Gagandeep Singh conducted the camp where about 30 students donated blood. Dr.Jyoteesh Malhotra, Associate Dean, along with Dr. Deepkamal Randhawa, NSS Coordinator, honoured Dr. Gagandeep, giving a message of Donate blood, donate life!. It was a successful event motivating students about service towards society.
Sports Meet 2019
Sports meet 2019 was organised from April 4 - 6, 2019 successfully under the able guidance of Dr.
Jyoteesh Malhotra, Associate Dean, Dr. Dhall, sports in-charge and the campus sports committee at GNDU RC Jalandhar.
Sports are an indispensable part of the holistic development of the students as they imbibe the qualities of discipline,
teamwork and hard work. The event had a total of around 600 participants showcasing their potential in 14 games from indoor
and outdoor spectrum. Cricket, Basketball, Football, Volleyball and Tug of war witnessed maximum participation. Apart from these,
many fun games like lemon race, sack race, three leg race, slow bike race were also conducted. Table tennis, Badminton, Chess and
Carrom board witnessed a challenging war of nerves. The students had a very good time and the winners were felicitated with medals
and certificates to conclude the sports meet. Teachers appreciated the excellent spirit of sportsmanship displayed by the students.
Moot Court and Client Counselling competition
Rayat College of Law, Ropar organized 9th National Moot Court and Client Counselling competition on March 30-31, 2019. Following students from Department of Law, GNDU Regional Campus, Jalandhar participated :
- Moot Court (Prerna, Saijyoti and Smmiley) won 5th Prize
- Client Counselling (Deepkaran Singh Kahlon, Prashant Sharma, Mehak and Ashwani)
- Deepkaran and Prashant Sharma won 3rd position.
Achievers of G.K. Chatrath National Legal and Cultural Fest at Ludhiana
University Institute of Laws, Punjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana had organized 3rd G.K.Chatrath National Legal and Cultural Fest on March 29-30, 2019. Students from Department of Laws, GNDU Regional Campus participated in different events of the Fest. Parth Gandhi won First Prize in Shutter up. Following students participated in different events:
- Shutter Up (Saloni Jaswal, Parth Gandhi )
- PUBG Showdown (Parth Gandhi, Akshit Bhardwa)
- Maxim Bee (Sukhmanpreet Kaur and Akshita Sharma, Saavi Bhandari, and Abhishek Aggarwal Jitish Nagpal and Navdeep, JotPrakash and Jatin)
- Diplomatic Swings (Sukhmanpreet Kaur, Akshita Sharma, Saavi Bhandari, Jitish Nagpal, Nandini Arora, Anjani Kamboj, Karambir)
- Celebrity Advocacy (Jitish Nagpal, Abhishek Aggarwal)
Achievers of Umang-2019 at Kapurthala
On the eve of Golden Jubilee, Hindu Kanya College Kapurthala organized Inter College Mega Fest UMANG -2019 on 15th March. Students of GNDU Regional Campus Jalandhar participated in Quiz: (Akankasha, Jitish, Akshita), Best Out of Waste: (Swarnjit Kaur, Garima), Essay Writing (Alicia), Story Writing (Nandini), Debate (Apoorva, Sukhmanpreet Kaur), Landscape (Alice), Poster Making ( Aman). Nandini won First prize in story writing, Apporva and Sukhmanmanpreet won second in debate.
ISTE National Research Award for GNDU faculty
Dr. Deep Kamal Kaur Randhawa, a senior faculty member in the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering of
Guru Nanak Dev University Regional Campus Jalandhar, has been awarded ISTE National Research Award. The Indian Society for
Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System
n our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development
of our Technical Education System She has been conferred by ISTE, New Delhi at 48th National Annual Faculty Convention-2019 held at Visvesvarya
Technical University, Belagavi, Karnataka recently in recognition for her research work on the study of nonmaterial's for
sensing toxic gases.
GNDU inks pact for joint collaborations
Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) has entered into a partnership with the University of South Florida (USF) to establish a programme of exchange and collaborations including work on entrepreneurship development as well as other related matters of mutual interest. A formal 'MoU' was signed between USF's vice-president professor Roger Brindley and GNDU vice-chancellor Professor Jaspal Singh Sandhu recently. The collaboration will increase the number of academic and student exchange opportunities between the institutes.