"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
- thought for the week
GNDU RC Jalandhar
- To provide professional competence to students with strong foundation in the core areas.
- To continuously enrich the teaching learning process through linkages with industry, projects, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences.
- To provide holistic education to the students through inter-disciplinary courses and Life skill development programs i.e. co-scholastic & co-curricular activities.
- GNDU has a global recognition with alumni associated with top notch companies around the world.
- With a strong legacy of over 45 years, GNDU has been established under the Punjab State Legislative Act No.21 of 1969.
- Research funding from DST, UGC and other funding agencies worth crores of rupees.
- World class Research-Oriented Infrastructure comprising of sophisticated instruments and softwares.
- Access to latest research softwares such as Virtual Nano Lab, Optisystem, NetSim, MATLAB etc.
- 9 Times National Cultural Champion, 13 times North Zone Inter-University Cultural Championship and 22 times winner of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Trophy.
- Highly transparent evaluation system based on CGPA system.
- Excellent placement record for both ECE & CSE streams.
Prestigious Recognitions Bestowed on GNDU
- First University bestowed with category-I status (in punjab) by UGC
- National Institutional Ranking Framework, MHRD, Govt. of India has ranked GNDU 4th amongst universities in Punjab and 59th amongst universities of India* in 2018. (*source: NIRF, MHRD, Government of India, 2018)
- Awarded by UGC with the ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ status and as one of the best 6 universities in India and only one in Punjab to acquire this status.
- Accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC
- Awarded by UGC with the ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ status
Associate Dean’s Message
Congratulations, to all young aspirants for being part of GNDU Regional Campus Jalandhar.
I feel deeply honoured to share that Guru Nanak Dev University has always been an excellent centre of learning for students for the last 47 years. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has awarded it the highest status of 'University with Potential for Excellence' as an acknowledgement to the university's contribution in teaching and cutting edge research of significance. The University is also accredited with 'A++' Grade by NAAC. With the rapid advancement in the Information & Communication technology and emerging trends based on smart infrastructures has brought new challenges. . . . . . . . .
GNDU ranked 2nd in North Zone Youth Festival
GNDU was awarded 2nd Prize by Punjab Unviversity Chandigarh on the occasion of 34th North Zone Youth Fest. Students from 36 Universities from Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Uttrakhand and U.P. participated in this festival. The events were related to Dance, Music, Theatre and Fine Arts.
Asst. Prof. Awarded Best Employee Award with Disabilty
Asst. Prof. Mona Goel was awarded Best Emplpoyee with Disabilty on World Disability Day at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The award was presented by Hon'ble Vice President Venkaiah Naidu. She has been teaching in GNDU Regional Campus since 2007.
Achievers of Campus Placement Drive 2018-19
This year on-campus placement drive is going great just as every year. 30+ students have already been placed from our campus till october 2018. Companies like TCS, Capegemini, KPMG, Ernst & Young, Nagarro, Software AG, SAP Labs, Xenon Stack, Infogain etc. have visted till now. More companies are arriving in coming months and More placement offers are expected.
Acuity Mock Placement Drive -2018
Students of B.Tech. department under the aegis of faculty members, Dr. Deep Kamal Randhawa and Dr. Sheetal Kalra organized a Mock Placement Drive under the tag ACUITY to help polish students for their upcoming placements. Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra, Dean Student Welfare and Academic Affairs motivated the students for the same. Students from 1st, 2nd and 3rd years participated in the three day event. Day 1: Aptitude & Technical Tests, Day 2: Group Discussion, Day 3: Personal Interview. Day 3's personal interview was divided into HR round and Technical round. The HR round was invigilated by Dr. Charan Kamal and Dr. Harmandar Kaur and Technical round by Mr. Inderpal Singh and Ms. Kalpana. Four winners were declared - Karamjeet Singh (3rd year CSE), Mudit Parmar (3rd year CSE), Ayush Sethi (3rd year CSE) and Ayush Khanna (1st year CSE). The whole event was very well conducted by the student organizers: Aastha Ratti, Mohit Gupta, Kanvi Parashar, Vaibhav Chadda, Manpreet Singh.
GNDU Ranked Second in the country in Swachh Bharat Ranking under Govt. University Category
GNDU Ranked Second in the country in Swachh Bharat Ranking under Govt. University Category. The universities was assessed for toilets adequacy and maintenance, garbage clearance system, hostel kitchen hygiene and sophistication of equipment, water purity, storage, distribution facility, campus greenery and rainwater harvesting, use of solar systems and villages or neighbourhood adoption for hygiene.
TCS enquode 2018 Winner
Rohan khanna of B.Tech CSE Final year has been declared winner in the Grand Finale of TCS EnQuode 2018 competition held today i.e 23rd August in Chennai. He is declared winner by TCS top management amongst the thousands of students participated across India from top notch Engg college. Rohan got:
- Selected for TCS digital profile (7 lpa)
The Technical Students’ Society of the campus proudly presented the annual technical festival on 6th April 2018. High levels of competence and dexterity were showcased in the ‘Techfest 2018’ by the future engineers from the host campus and from various institutes. All the participants got an opportunity to explore their niche by running codes in Java, flagging opponents in CS 1.6, facing time crunch in Robotic Obstacle Race, tiding up the thought process for Knowledge Mash etc. Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra, the worthy Dean, while motivating the students to give their best emphasized the fact that along with the theoretical aspects the budding engineers need to polish their practical know how via the event. The technical & co-curricular incharges, Dr DeepKamal Randhawa & Dr Harminder Singh also motivated all the participants & wished them good luck.
GNDU improves ranking,MHRD list puts it at 59
Improving its ranking from last year,GNDU has been ranked 59 in the all-India university ranking released under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development on Tuesday.
Vice-Chancellor Dr Jaspal Sandhu said "We have improved from our last year's rankings. We shall be working towards making the university as one of the best across the globe,î he said.